What is Product ID?
Article ID: 685
Last Modified: 2/7/2017
What is the Product ID? Does it contain any information about my computer?
Where can I find the Product ID?
The Product ID is a unique identification parameter that is generated based your computer's configuration when you activate an ABBYY Product. This parameter does not contain any information about you or your computer that can be used to identify you. The Product ID parameter and the serial number of the product are used to generate your activation code.
To find this parameter, follow these steps:
- Start the program you would like to activate.
- The program will prompt you to activate it. Click the Activate now button.
If the program does not show you the activation prompt, open the Help menu and select the Activate now item to start the Activation Wizard.
- Enter the serial number of your program.
- Select the activation method by fax or phone and click Next.
- The Activation Wizard will show you the Product ID.