Article ID: 495 |
Category: Installation |
Type: Hot Fix |
Last Modified: 8/23/2012
The "MSXML4 component not found" error appears at the launch
The "MSXML4 component not found. Please reinstall ABBYY Lingvo x3" error message appears when ABBYY Lingvo x3 starts.
You will need to install MSXML 4. Click the link above to download an archive containing the MSXML 4 installer.
- Right-click the archive msxml_4_sp2.zip and select Extract files from the shortcut menu to extract it.
- Make sure ABBYY Lingvo x3 isn't running. If the ABBYY Lingvo icon is in the system tray, right-click it and select Exit from the shortcut menu.
- Install MSXML 4 by double-clicking msxml_4_sp2.msi.
- Once MSXML 4 is installed, launch ABBYY Lingvo x3.
If the problem persists, complete the following steps:
- Right-click the desktop and select New > Shortcut from the shortcut menu. The Create Shortcut wizard will appear.
- Enter cmd.exe in the field titled Type the location of the item. Click Next and then Finish to create the shortcut.
- Right-click the shortcut you just created and select Run as administrator from the shortcut menu. The Command Prompt window will appear.
- If you have a 32-bit system, enter regsvr32.exe c:\Windows\System32\msxml4.dll at the command prompt, or, if you have a 64-bit system, enter regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msxml4.dll.
- Press the Enter key. One of two messages should appear: "DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msxml4.dll succeeded" or "DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\System32\msxml4.dll succeeded".
- Launch ABBYY Lingvo x3.