Article ID: 365 |
Category: General Questions |
Type: Hot Fix |
Last Modified: 8/15/2012
Error code 257
When the application is launched, the following error message appears: Internal program data is corrupted. Please reinstall the program or contact your System Administrator. Error code: 257.
This error may appear when the user that runs the application doesn't have access permission to certain sections of the registry.
The following permissions are necessary to run the application:
- The Read permission for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes,
- The Full control permission for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes.
To check if you have the required permissions, follow the instructions below.
- Start the registry editor.
- In Windows Vista, Windows 7 open the start menu, enter regedit into the Search field of the Start menu and press the Enter key.
- In Windows XP, open the Start menu, click the Run item, type regedit in the Open field of the Run dialog and click OK.
- Select the necessary registry section and right-click it.
- Select the Permissions item from the shortcut menu.
- Check if you have the necessary permission.