Article ID: 322 |
Category: General Questions |
Type: Hot Fix |
Last Modified: 2/15/2017
The "The RPC server is unavailable" error appears at the launch
When I launch the application, the following message appears:
The connection to the licensing service has been lost. Trying to reconnect...
If I click the Cancel button, another message appears:
ABBYY Licensing Service is unavailable: The RPC server is unavailable.
These messages appear if the ABBYY Lingvo х3/x5/x6 Licensing Service is not running on your computer.
To launch the ABBYY Lingvo х3/x5/x6 Licensing Service, complete the following steps:
- Press “Windows + R” on keyboard.
- Enter services.msc to search box and click OK. Services dialog will open in a new window.
- In the list of services find ABBYY Lingvo x3/x5/x6 Licensing Service and right-click it.
- Select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Select the General tab.
- Check if the Automatic item is selected in the Startup type drop-down list. If a different item is selected, select Automatic
* in case error message occurs every time after a reboot select Automatic (Delayed start).
- Click the OK button.
- Right-click the ABBYY Lingvo x3/x5/x6 Licensing Service again and select either Start or Restart from the shortcut menu.
- Launch ABBYY Lingvo x3/x5/x6 to make sure it is working correctly.